The end of eternity by Isaac Asimov

La fine dell' eternitą di Isaac Asimov

« Older   Newer »

1. Hola Pé

User deleted

end_of_eternity

Sto cominciando a leggere questo libro scritto da Isaac Asimov, scrittore russo di nascita ma cresciuto negli states, che devo dire č molto coinvolgente.
    Di solito non giudico un libro dalla copertina o dalla sua descrizione di retro copertina.. Pero essendo la prima cosa che ho letto di questo libro credo che abbia si aiutato al coinvolgimento!:D
    Questo e quanto si legge:

"Andrew harlan č un uomo eterno, uno che ha il compito di spostarsi tra i secoli passati e presenti, monitorando e alterando, dove necessario, le miriadi di relazioni cause-effetto del tempo.
    Ma quando Harlan incontra e si innamora di una donna non enterna, cercherą di usare il potere e le tecniche degli eterni per raggirare il tempo a suo favore, cosi che lui e il suo amore possano sopravvivere insieme."

Il libro lo sto leggendo in inglese
    Devo dire che il linguaggio non č proprio dei piu facili per me, ma vale davvero la pena!:-)
    Consiglio a tutti di leggerlo se non lo avete gia fatto.
    Questo e il link con recensioni

www.goodreads.com/book/show/509784.The_End_of_Eternity

English time!:P

I ve started to read this book from Isaac Asimov, russian born writer who grew up in the united states of america, which i have to say it is really really interesting.
    Usually i dont judge a book by its cover (just sometimes i do:D) but this time being the description behind the cover the first thing i ve read, it did help to catch my interest!:P
    Here's what it says:

"Andrew Harlan is an Eternal, a man whose job it is to range through past and present Centuries, monitoring and, where necessary, altering Time's myriad cause-and-effect relationships. But when Harlan meets and falls for a non-Eternal woman, he seeks to use the awesome powers and techniques of the Eternals to twist time for his own purposes, so that he and his love can survive together."

I reccomend you to read it if u havent done so already!:-)
    I have to say that language is not really easy for me to understand being english my second language, but its worth going ahead with the reading.
    This is the reviews:
    www.goodreads.com/book/show/509784.The_End_of_Eternity

2. DondeMirarlas

User deleted

Wow Asimov! And in English! I'm impressed Pé :-P

Now on a serious note, it sounds really interesting. My kind of story ;-)

3. Hola Pé

User deleted

:-P :-)
    Yes and it was given to me from someone which i wasnt expect to be reading Asimov..or any other kind of books( u know buuks?:lol: )

My kind of story too...B-) :-B
    I will read chapter two later.
    But yes it is really interesting already.

4. Ava G

User deleted

Reading a book in English? Braaaavaaaa, Pe!!!! Not easy reading a book that is written in a language other than your own. I commend you.

The End of Eternity is a good one. I confess it' been more than a few years since I've read it. I just may need to re-visit. :-)

3 replies since 10/11/2014, 01:10   23 views